Open topic with navigation
Rules for Adding and Removing Storage Groups
The following rules govern adding and remove a storage group:
- A storage group can be added or removed from only an SM.
- One storage group can be added or removed at a time.
- A storage group assignment is allowed on an SM when it is in the
- An SM cannot transition from servicing individual storage groups to servicing all storage groups. If desired, initialize an SM with the
storage-group all database option.
- Similarly, an SM cannot transition from servicing all storage groups to servicing individual storage groups.
- Removing the last storage group in the database requires the storage group to be empty. The storage group may not be mapped by any table partitions in the database.