Resolved in NuoDB 3.2.1
This section provides a summary of issues identified at the release of NuoDB 3.2.1. Where resolution is associated with a reported issue, a Zendesk reference number is displayed, for example (8544).
- If you attempt to create multiple unique indexes on the same columns, an error is now generated. (8686, 8692)
- Unique trigger and index names are now enforced in a single schema.
- Previously, a running hot copy operation prevented the storage manager from being stopped. Now, if a hot copy operation is running when the storage manager is stopped, the hot copy operation is aborted to allow the shutdown to be performed. An error message is also logged. (8816)
- An error is now generated when you insert a (rounded) value that overflows the precision specified for a column.
- You can no longer execute multiple concurrent incremental hot copy operations.
- An error is now generated when you attempt to execute an
ALTER TABLE statement to change the
NOT NULL constraint of a primary key column. (NULL values have never been allowed for primary key columns.) (8687)
- Corrected an error that resulted in transaction engines exiting when
sql-statement-explain-plans logging was enabled. (8774)
- Corrected an error where an INTEGER column used for a partition is compared to a decimal value.
- Corrected an error with joins using an
IN predicate inside an
ON clause joining a partitioned table.
- A condition which resulted in storage managers exiting with the "Archive failure: 'rename' failed with No such file or directory." error has been resolved. (8083)
- Resolved an issue, introduced in NuoDB 3.2, where
UPDATE statements for strings longer than the target column were being truncated. An error message is now returned. (8850)
- Resolved a rare condition where, during Journal Hot Copy, the storage manager exits with a "Journal file ... *.chc not found" error. (8863)
- Previously, automatically generated system constraint names could be longer than 128 characters. This resulted in constraints that could not be dropped. Now, an error is generated if you attempt to create a constraint name longer than 128 characters. This change also allows existing constraints longer than 128 characters to be dropped. Existing constraints longer than 128 characters should be dropped and recreated with names shorter than 128 characters. (8769)
- Query plan selection by the NuoDB Query Optimizer has been improved by taking into account runtime constants such as
Resolved in NuoDB 3.2
This section provides a summary of issues identified at the release of NuoDB 3.2.
- Index name uniqueness is now enforced when adding constraints using the
CREATE TABLE statement.
- Return data types for user-defined functions are now validated correctly.
- Values are now returned with correct precision when performing arithmetic on literal values with trailing decimal zeros.
- Calculations on numeric types do not always return accurate precision values.
- When RestSvc is disconnected from a Broker, the Connection refused error is logged.
- Data types for
DEFAULT values for user-defined functions are now validated correctly.
- When using the
DATE_TO_STR function, inserting a date argument with year value of
0001 produces unexpected results. (8544)
GETUPDATECOUNT function now returns values when used as part of a multiple SQL statement (for SQL statements separated by a semi-colon) operation.
- Unless specified (using
--syslog), error messages are not logging to syslog files.
- Improved plan selection when there are multiple indexes with the same common prefixes on a table. (8477, 8536)
- NuoDB Manager's
log domain and
log database commands continue to run when one or more database processes exit.
GETUPDATECOUNT function now returns the update count, following a
DELETE operation on cursor using the
WHERE CURRENT OF statement.
- Table partitions are not eliminated when a
LIKE predicate on a partitioned column starts with a wildcard.
- Duplicate key errors from triggers are now exposed to users.
- Corrected performance issue related to numeric comparison with parameters. (7828)
- Corrected issues for the JDBC
minIdle connection property.