Precedence for Database Process Options
The precedence of database process options does not apply to these database system options:
NuoDB applies the following precedence, from lowest to highest, to settings of database process options:
- A TE, SM, or SSM uses the default settings for database options, which are listed in Database Options.
- On each host, you can overwrite these default settings by setting database options in the
nuodb.config file. For SSMs, there are no other ways to specify options. SSM options are not overwritten by any of the following methods.
- Those TE and SM option settings may be overwritten by database options that you specify when you use any of the following tools to set database options:
- NuoDB Manager, when invoking the
update database command
- REST API
- Those TE and SM option settings may be overwritten by process group options.
- Finally, those TE and SM options may be overwritten by process group options that you specify either in NuoDB Manager, using the
update database command, or in the REST API.